Fly Fishing Information
To assure the trip of your choice we encourage you to make reservations in advance. To reserve a space on one of our trips, a deposit of 50% of the trip cost is required and the balance is due at least 14 days prior to your fishing date. The State of Colorado requires that you sign a contract detailing the specifics of your fishing trip. The contract will be mailed with your trip deposit receipt and should be returned to us within seven days. We accept checks, VISA, Master Card, and Discover.
MULTIPLE TRIP & CLASS DISCOUNTS
If you book two fishing trips or classes at the same time you receive a 5% discount. If you book three or more fishing trips or classes at the same time you receive a 10% discount.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
If you must cancel your trip or class, and we are notified at least 14 days prior to your trip date, we can refund all of your deposit less 15%. If you cancel for any reason and we are notified less than 14 days prior to your trip date, we cannot refund any portion of the payment. All sales inside of 14 days are final. Please remember our trips go rain or shine.
It is rare we cancel a trip. However, we reserve the right to postpone or cancel trips due to extreme weather condition (e.g. very high or low water conditions) or an insufficient number of reservations.
TRIP & CLASS LIABILITY AND SAFETY
Rocky Mountain Adventures, Inc. makes every effort to run safe and exciting trips and classes. We provide safety and instructional talks before your trips and classes. It is your responsibility to follow those instructions. All outdoor adventures activities, including walking or running whitewater rivers, involve elements of risk. If you have any physical concerns, please consult your physician about fishing and boating with us. Rocky Mountain Adventures, Inc. does not assume liability for personal injuries or death. You must sign an acknowledgement of risk form prior to your trip. Please know that we cannot allow people impaired by drugs or alcohol to participate in any of our trips. No refund will be made in this event.
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING
A fly rod (3, 4, or 5 weight), polarized sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat with a wide brim, lightweight rain jacket, and a change of clothes in case you get too wet. For spring fishing: lightweight or Neoprene waders with felt sole boots (recommended). Later in the summer you can wet wade using a pair of felt soled boots and synthetic or wool socks. We have waders and fly rods available for rent if that is more convenient for you.
We suggest you bring the same gear as suggested for the walk/wade trips. Rocky Mountain Adventures, Inc. provides you with a water-tight duffel type bag in which to store your gear. You will receive this bag at the meeting place and can transfer your gear into it hear. Because space on rafts is limited, avoid packing unnecessary items. It is possible for items to become wet or broken so please do not bring expensive items. Also, please be aware that Rocky Mountain Adventures is not responsible for any items that become wet or broken. Rocky Mountain Adventures supplies tents, cooking gear, eating utensils, and plates.
- Overnight Personal Gear List
- Swimsuits or shorts
- Laced tennis shoes or river sandals that attach to your feet
- Warm jacket or windbreaker
- Wool or synthetic sweater
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Long pants (for camp)
- Sleeping bag and pad
- Small towel
- Insect repellant
- Extra cash for last minute items
You might want to pack items like binoculars or a camera, but remember these items can damaged. Waterproof cases for storing most cameras and binoculars are available for rent or purchase. The rental price is $8.00 per trip.
Plan to store your excess travel baggage in your vehicle. Please, no glass bottles.
Suggested Fly Patterns for Northern Colorado Rivers
- Olive, Orange, Royal or Yellow Simulator (sizes 10-18)
- Flashback or Standard Beadhead Hares Ear Nymph (sizes 14- 20)
- Blue Wing Olives (sizes 10-16)
- Joe's Hoppers (sizes 10-14)
- Copper, Standard or Flashback Beadhead Pleasant Tail Nymph (sizes 14-20)
- Yellow, Orange, Red, or Tarantulas (sizes 10-16)
- Tan or Brown Elk Hair Caddis (sizes 14-20)
- Pale Morning Duns (sizes 14-20)
Suggested Fly Patterns for Lake Fishing
- Olive, Brown, Or Black Wooly Buggers (sizes 6-12)
- Red or Black Ant Patterns (sizes 10-20)
- Black Foam Beetle Patterns (sizes 10-18)
- Fly $1.50 each
- Boxed North Colorado Fly Collection (16 flies) $21.75 (24 flies) $29.75
- Boxed Lake Fishing Fly Collection (6 flies) $11.95 (12 flies) $19
- Half Day $5
- Full Day $10
- Two Day $20
- Half Day $5
- Full Day $10
- Two Day $20
Wader Size Chart
- Girth S 35-38" M 39-42" ML 41-42" L 43-46" XL 47-48"
- Inseam S 31-32" M 33-34" ML 35-36" L 36-37" XL 35-36"
- Shoe Size S 7-8 M 9-10 ML 9-10 L 10-11 XL 12-13