Group Planning Guide
Trip Planning Guide for Whitewater Rafting in Colorado
AS GROUP LEADER, YOU HAVE AN EXCITING AND CHALLENGING JOB AHEAD OF YOU.
When arranging a rafting trip for a group, one of the toughest tasks is getting everyone to the right spot at the right time and making sure everyone understands how payments, refunds, etc. work.
Group size of 10-14: Everyone in the group receives a 5% discount.
Group size of 15 or more: Free rafting trip for the Group Leader and 10% discount for everyone else in the group.
MAKING YOUR GROUP RESERVATION
To ensure your group gets the trip of its choice, we strongly urge you to make reservations in advance. Weekend trips usually fill faster than weekday trips, but both can fill weeks in advance. To reserve your trip, a deposit of 50% of the trip's cost is required when you make your reservation and the balance is due at least 14 days prior to departure. To reserve a wet suit rental package, the full price of the rental is required when you make the reservation.
- Your name and group name (the reservation will be listed under your name)
- The river your group would like to raft
- The length of trip your group would like (i.e., half day, full day or overnight)
- The date(s) your group would like to raft
- The exact number of people in your group (make sure all participants meet the minimum age requirements for the trip you wish to take)
- Your mailing address and phone number
- If you wish to make reservations for wet suit packages, tell us the number of wet suits and pairs of booties of each size you want reserved
- Your preferred method of payment for your deposit. We accept checks (payable to Rocky Mountain Adventures), Visa, MasterCard, Discover and, of course, cash
- You can also click any of the "Book This Trip" throughout this site to reserve your trip
DUTIES OF THE GROUP LEADER
You have these important duties as the Group Leader:
- Provide Rocky Mountain Adventures all necessary information about your group. We only accept changes to your group's reservation from you.
- Inform your group members of all the essential details:
- Payment deadlines
- Cancellation deadlines
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Trip safety and liability information
- Name of the river, type of trip and directions to the meeting place
- Arrival time
- What to wear
- Name in which the reservation is made
- That all changes and payments must be made by you, the group leader
- That the trip is booked with Rocky Mountain Adventures and that the phone number is (800) 858-6808
- Read, understand, and agree to the Rocky Mountain Adventures. Cancellation & Refund Policy agreement.